On our wedding day

Ticker 2

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ready for Ellie!

Brett and I are SO ready for Ellie to come! I will be 38 weeks on Monday and have to say I am ready to not be pregnant and to be a mommy! We are trying to enjoy this quiet time with each other but it is hard not to be so anxious for the arrival of our little lady. We have finished her nursery and have all the baby necessities ready to go all we need is baby!

My amazing friends, Jessie and Jane, and my sweet in-laws threw us an awesome baby shower on Saturday. It was so nice to see family, friends and celebrate the upcoming arrival of Ellie. Everyone was so generous and Ellie got some great things. We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives!
The super cute clothesline.

Everyone wrote something to Ellie on the cards hanging from the tree, so sweet!

Not only was this cake precious but it was delicious!! I actually would like some right now....

Adorable diaper cake filled with tons of goodies!

SO pale and shiny but so excited for baby.

How awesome is this diaper vase my friend Sarah made? Soooo cute!

Brett was excited for this LSU bib.

Brett practicing with Ms. Audrey. How beautiful is she!?

Some of the ladies.

We finished our birthing classes last week and have a breast feeding class this week. I think the classes were worth it and I feel like we are well aware of all our options and as ready as we'll ever be!! Funny story, last week I was sitting on the couch and when I stood up, my pants were wet. I FREAKED out!! I called Brett to tell him my water broke and started throwing stuff in my hospital bag (which is now properly packed!). Brett was calm and wanted to make sure that is what happened so he asked me a million questions. Long story short, I was sitting on a very slobbery dog toy, not in labor! Not my brightest moment!

We are DONE with the nursery! The end table came earlier this week and I got a lamp and a hamper. The picture we ordered with the Christopher Robin saying came in too and we love it. I can really sit in her room all day and just daydream. 

Posh Paints on etsy.com does GREAT work!

Side table with her awesome Walmart stereo. Can't wait to jam out to some lullabies! 

We mastered the car seat and stroller. 

As you can see, we are READY FOR ELLIE! We went to the doctor last week and they said she was head down. The doctor said you could be dilated for weeks before labor and I know I would obsess over it so it was better we didn't get "checked". We are have a doctors appointment tomorrow but we are supposed to get snow today so fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled! Starting next week we will get checked each week but I am hoping she decides to make her debut sooner than that. Now wouldn't that be nice!!


No comments:

Post a Comment