On our wedding day

Ticker 2

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, January 7, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Baby!!!

I have been super busy this week getting all of Ellie's goodies organized and her nursery ready. Even though she won' be sleeping in there for a while it is still important for me to get it done! We got our chair and ottoman and hung curtains on Saturday. I was having a hard time deciding on curtains but finally made a decision and I am very happy with it. We also got five out of six of the signs that go over the changing table. The last one should be here by the end of the month. Of course I could not wait so my wonderful hubby hung them for me the other night. I also ordered small canvas paintings that will spell out Ellie. They will match her bedding and I am so excited for them! Hopefully they will be done by the end of the month too. There is also a small side table that will go next to the chair. We just wanted to make sure there was going to be enough room. Let me know what you think of her nursery so far.
Signs over her dresser/changing table. "Dream" will go next to "Fly".

A closer look.

Her chair, ottoman, and curtains. You can't really tell but they are polka dot .

The view from the door.


We also got our stroller delivered yesterday. It took us a little bit to put it together and figure out all the bells and whistles but we are very happy with it. It is a Bumbleride Indie and it's great. It is pretty lightweight and easy to fold and open. It came with a rain shield, pump, an extra large canopy for sunny days, and an adjustable cup holder. We cannot wait to take Ellie and the dogs for long walks this Spring!
My best stroller model pose.

I have pink accents to add to make it a little more feminine. 

If you are wondering where that belly came from you are not alone! She is getting big! So big that I can't sleep through the night because I can't stay comfortable and she likes to lay on my bladder. I heard this was going to happen, I just thought I had some time. I just keep reminding myself that it is preparing me for not sleeping when she gets here or for eighteen years after!! So if you see me in the near future please disregard the fact that I look like poop!

We started our birthing class last night. It went well and yes, we did have to watch a video. At one point I looked at Brett and his face was priceless! It was a mix of disgust and pure terror! Needless to say I don't think he will be assisting with delivering Ellie and that is fine with me! The video is intimidating but of course they show women who are having natural births. I am proud to say I am not one of those women! I just know I am cranky when tired and in pain and I want this to be as pleasant of an experience as possible so I will be getting an epidural. I applaud the ladies who are doing it natural but am not ashamed to admit that I'm not one of them! I am looking forward to the next four classes because I think they are going to be really helpful. We will cover relaxation techniques, epidurals, take a tour of the hospital, and learn about caring for a newborn. We are signed up for a breast feeding class scheduled for February 10th so hopefully she will come out after that. We will be delivering at Williamson Medical Center and I am happy we are. It is only fifteen minutes from our house and relatively small, which I like. 

I have been playing around with our new camera and had a little doggy photo shoot. I will leave you with some pictures of our furry babies. 

Miss. Cristal 

Mr. Miles. This is his face when he isn't getting any attention.


The look intimidating don't they? : )

Miles has been gaining pregnancy weight too!

This picture makes me giggle. Miles looks so funny!

Hamming it up for the camera.

She is such a great dog!










1 comment:

  1. The nursery looks great,and so do you!!! Can't wait to see you soon! Ellie will be here SO SOON!

    ReplyDelete