On our wedding day

Ticker 2

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, January 21, 2011

More Snow!

What is with all this snow? Seriously, I am so sick of it! If I wasn't so close to having this baby I would be all over the internet looking for a deal to somewhere tropical. But since I am stuck here I might as well do some blogging. 

We got the sixth sign for over Ellie's changing table/dresser and Brett hung it last night. I think it turned out super cute and I am very happy with the results. 


The canvases we ordered for over her crib are finished and got shipped this morning. The lady who did them sent me some pictures and I am so excited. They match her bedding perfect and we think they came out GREAT!!




We also got an organizer for her closet so we could put her bibs, bath stuff, shoes, burp cloths, stuff like that in there without it being cluttered. I really wanted these polka dot bins from Babies R' Us for the organizer but they were too big for it. I got some from Target and Jessie suggested I paint my own polka dots on them. I attempted it with two and it doesn't look too bad (from far away) so I am going to paint a couple more. 



I also wanted to get a basket for all the lovely blankets Ellie has. I found this one at Target and it is the perfect size and color for her room and it fits most of her blankets. 



For Christmas my parents were so excited because the found the perfect gift for Brett, a camouflage  diaper bag! For some reason they think he is a big redneck and anything camo has Brett written all over it to them! When he first opened it he laughed it off as a gag gift but then he slowly started to realize it was going to come in handy. He will need a bag for when he has Ellie by himself and this one is pretty neat. It has a cell phone case and a bottle holder. Brett said he can take it with him hunting or fishing too. He will definitely be getting some use out of this gift!


While on the subject of my parents and bags, here is the super awesome diaper bag my parents got me. They also just sent me a new duffle bag for me to take as my hospital bag. They have always been so caring and generous and I am so lucky to have them as my parents and Ellie is so lucky to have them as her B-ma and Gramps! It is such a relief to know that Ellie is never going to need for anything because of the amazing families Brett and I have. We are truly blessed!

<em>Vera Bradley</em> Large <em>Duffel</em> in <em>Boysenberry</em>
My hospital bag.
My diaper bag.
I am very excited for this coming week for a couple of reasons. My online class started last week and we will finally start actual work this coming week. I am excited because I actually have something to do to help distract me from counting down the days until Ellie! Another reason I am excited is because I am going to learn how to knit. I met my friend Julia through the bunko club I am in and I'm so glad! She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and she is also super talented. She makes all sorts of cool things and is an amazing cook. She is my domestic idol! She made this beautiful stroller blanket for Ellie.



Isn't it adorable? Anyway, Julia is going to teach me how to knit a stocking cap and a matching diaper cover. Since I found out I was pregnant I have wanted to make something for the baby and I think babies in stocking caps are precious! We are getting Ellie's newborn pictures taken the week we bring her home so I am hoping the cap and diaper cover turn out the way I picture it. Here is what I am hoping to accomplish (in pink and white). I can't wait to get started!

Night Cap Newborn Set

Well that's it for now. I hope you all have a great day and stay warm!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment