On our wedding day

Ticker 2

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back To School

Classes started up again on Monday which means gone are the days of me sleeping in and relaxing. It has been rough getting up at six in the morning to make it to my 8 am classes but hopefully I will start getting used to it. I like to take morning classes so I have the rest of the afternoon to study and do homework (and nap!). My schedule is as followed:

MWF 8-8:55 Introduction to Accounting
MWF 9:10-10:05 Physical Science
TR 8-9:25 The Experience of Literature
TR 9:40-11:05 Microcomputing
W 11:20-12:50 Physical Science Lab

From the looks of it my schedule doesn't look too bad but I can already tell after the first few days that this is going to be a tough semester. Not only will it be tough because I find my mind wondering to baby clothes and strollers every two minutes but also because some of these classes are very demanding and some of the professors are terribly boring!

Let me start with accounting. I am very excited for this class since accounting is my intended major and after working in account payable for two years I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what things mean. Fortunately my professor for this class is great. She is friendly and really takes time to explain things. The only thing I am worried about is there are tons of assignments due online and in class. I just need to make sure I stay on top of things and I should be fine. Grade goal: A

Next is physical science. When I went to UT I took geography as my science but when I transfered my credits to MTSU they did not recognize geography as a science so I had to take two science classes. Last semester I took geology (aka "rocks for jocks") and I enjoyed it and my A. So when picking a new science to take (MTSU doesn't let you take two of the same sciences) I thought physical science would be fun (and easy) since it's a little bit of everything. That idea was a major FAIL! My professor is old enough to be my grandpa which would be fine if he actual made sense when he talked. Of course the first section we are covering is physics and lets just say I have no idea what he is talking about and it's only the first week! Luckily we get to drop a test grade so I'm thinking that will be the physics test. We also have a lab we need to take. The labs start next week so we will see how that goes. Grade goal: B

On to the experience of literature. MTSU requires three english credits which in my eyes STINKS! The professor for this course looks like the most interesting man in the world from the Dos Equis beer commercials but he might just be the most UNintersting man in the world!! He talks super slow and pauses in between sentences. He didn't have a syllabus to hand out so I'm not sure what to expect as far as work for the semester but I do know if this man doesn't livin' up I will be catching some sleep in the back of class! Grade goal: A


















And last but not least, microcomputing. This should be a breeze! The teacher is so nice and the course really shouldn't be hard. I am actually looking forward to it because we are going to learn about excel, word, and access. I know a bunch but it won't hurt to learn a little more! Grade goal: A

On a fun school related note college football starts tomorrow and MTSU plays Minnesota on ESPN U which is exciting for the school. Go Blue Raiders!!

Tennessee plays on Saturday against UT Martin. This will be the big oranges first game with new coach Derek Dooley after that (insert choice word here) Lane Kiffin up and left us to coach at USC. I love UT football!! Go Vols!!!

Lane Kiffin is a bad man!






The hubby's beloved LSU plays against North Carolina on Saturday night. They are playing the game in Atlanta and ESPN's Gameday will be there. Needless to say LSU better win or it is going to be a long night for me! Geaux Tigers (only when they play someone besides UT)!!



College football season really is the most wonderful time of the year!! I know UT will have a tough year but as long as USC and Alabama don't do well I will be a happy camper!


I will leave you with some of my favorite anti-Bama art:

      




1 comment:

  1. ugh school...you'll do great! Bring your homework over and I'll try to help you!

    ReplyDelete