On our wedding day

Ticker 2

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, September 13, 2010

Two Years In The Books!


Today is our second anniversary and I can't believe how fast time has gone by! It feels like just yesterday we met and now we are celebrating two years of marriage and expecting our first baby, nuts! I was woken up with a kiss and some fresh cut flowers (Brett got up super early to cut them for me), which was a super sweet way to start my day. As I drove to school I started reminiscing about our wedding day and thanks to hormones, got all emotional! It was such a fun day/night that I wish I could go back and do it again!

 DSC_0004
Getting ready

 DSC_0022
Beautiful flowers
 0137
Wedding day stroll
 0123
Handsome Hubby
 DSC_0322
Such pretty ladies
 DSC_0490
The Church
 DSC_0481
Just Married! (This is my favorite picture)
 DSC_0505
One big crazy happy family!
 0015
Our HUGE and awesome bridal party!
 0054
Precious flower girls
 0086
Mr. and Mrs. Brett Elrod








 0101
One of many smooches!
Well that was a nice walk down memory lane! We won't be celebrating tonight because we both have stuff going on (I have my first prenatal yoga class which I'm sure i'll blog about!) but we are going out to a nice dinner tomorrow night which I am looking forward to. We are going to New Orleans in a few weeks to really celebrate and I'm so excited. The only time I've been to New Orleans was for Fat Tuesday (yes, only one day!) my freshman year of college so I can't wait to actually see the city. We are also going to the LSU-UT game in Baton Rouge that Saturday and the Saints-Panthers game in the NOLA that Sunday (wow, Brett is one lucky guy that his wife is willing to make our anniversary weekend a football filled one! Not to toot my own horn or anything, ha-ha).

I also want to mention that the newest addition to the Elrod family arrived on Friday morning, Luke Preston. Luke is the son of Brett's brother Hunter and his lovely wife Brooke. He is also the little brother of almost two year old Ava Ann, who is just adorable! When the little guy was born he swallowed some fluid on the way out and has been in the NICU because he was having trouble breathing. Brett just forwarded me an email from proud papa Hunter that the munchkin is doing great and they were able to take him down to 21% oxygen! They are going to wean him off slowly and he is expected to make a full recovery! We have kept him in our prayers and are so grateful God is seeing him through this. Last I heard he should be going home within a week and Brett and I can't wait to meet him! Hunter and Brooke are an amazing couple and great parents (who I'm sure we will have TONS of questions for after Baby E gets here)! We are so blessed to have them in our lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment